Join us in welcoming Sheridyn Redding to the Bridge II Sports team as our 2020 summer intern! She comes to us from Mary Baldwin University where she is pursuing her doctorate in Occupational Therapy.
Sheridyn is one of the seemingly rarer souls you meet who was born AND raised right here in North Carolina. She grew up in the ‘Foothills’ of Western NC and attended Appalachian State University majoring in Exercise Science.
Although her adventurous spirit took her far from the mountains when she decided to travel on her own to Australia and New Zealand for 2 months!
During her internship Sheridyn will be putting her energy into the monumental project of further developing and expanding our volunteer program. She will, of course, also be assisting with programming and learning all aspects of a non-profit adapted sports organization with this small but mighty team.
“I strive to be well rounded in all that I do. I am excited to be at Bridge II Sports experiencing adapted sports and having a valuable opportunity to learn in the community versus a clinical setting this summer. Sport has always been an important part of my life. I truly believe it is such a powerful tool of empowerment and independence.”
We are excited to have you here Sheridyn- looking forward to a lot of learning, memories, and fun this summer!
A few fun facts about Sheridyn:
- Her favorite food is spaghetti…with DEER meat!
- She is learning AND loving stand up paddleboarding (just in time for Paddle! Lake Crabtree)
- She has a german shepherd named ‘Sheriff’
- She loves everything mountains- hiking, camping…just being in the great outdoors
- During her time in Australia she found a job as an Au Pair to 3 children to help fund her travels