About Bridge II Sports
Bridge II Sports creates opportunities for youth, adults, and Veterans with physical disabilities to ‘Find The Player Within’ through the power of adapted sports.
We believe sport empowers and changes lives on and off the court and challenges perceptions of disability in our community.
We are proud to provide year-round adapted sports programming and special events like Valor Games Southeast, August Madness and Paddle!Lake Crabtree that bring together our athletes and the community.
We recognize the value and potential of all lives. Disability does not define people or outcomes.
By creating opportunities Bridge II Sports develops
a culture of empowerment that fosters respect for all abilities
and has a life changing impact on all humanity.
Bridge II Sports educates, develops and implements opportunities
for youth, adults, and Veterans with physical disabilities
to play individual, team and recreational sports,
finding the player within.
Our Core Principles
We are about people development; Sport is the tool used to build: Confidence, Self-control, Independence, and Expectation of Ability.
We are a community where everybody belongs.
As experts, we create safety for those at risk to try.
Each person is an individual; each disability is different.
We respect those differences and work with each person as an individual.
There is a sport for everybody, we provide the space to enjoy the journey of discovery.
Our Core Values
- We treat all people with integrity as whole individuals and with deep respect.
- We respect where each athlete is in their process of healing and growth. Yet we also see what they cannot – that is, their true potential as a human being to be successful in life on their own terms.
- In this light, we help each athlete create a path to achieve beyond where they are now, in integrity with themselves, however that looks. Adaption allows for this integrity within competition.
- We require accountability – for actions; for finances; for programs. Every action is deliberate and aimed at a specific outcome.
- We strive to raise awareness in every action, uncovering the abilities and potential of every person.
- Everything we do creates positive change towards a more inclusive world.
- Athletic programs, practices, and competitions are not our end game. They are only tools for accomplishing our desired outcomes.
- Independence, deep respect for self and others, confidence and accountability are the desired outcomes we seek for every athlete, parent, volunteer, staff member, donor, sponsor, board member and fan touched by BIIS.
- BIIS employs high levels of adaptability in reaching its desired goals and outcomes with an unflagging commitment to the highest standards of performance.
Our Brand Promises
- If one athlete shows up, we play.
- Clear consistent and timely communication to the board, staff, athletes, sponsors, volunteers, and donors.
- Consistent follow through to create the highest level of impact and alignment with the BIIS vision.
- We provide the highest level of fiduciary accountability to funders, the BIIS Board of Directors, staff members and athletes.
- We execute and deliver programs and events that enable life changing experiences and a growing positive impact on lives that can be sustained.